My friend, Abraham McIntyre, is working to bring healing to Haiti. The director of Bahamas Habitat, Abraham and his crew have been using social networking (both the new and the old kind), hard work, and creativity to fly medical supplies into the outlying areas of Haiti.
Bahamas Habitat normally works to build houses. But ever since the earthquake, Abraham and his volunteers have helped to facilitate evacuations out of Haiti and supply delivery into Haiti. As refugees leave Port-au-Prince and go to the countryside, the needs for medical relief there have increased.
Bahamas Habitat’s formula for Haiti:
- Volunteers with single-engine planes +
- Doctors and nurses trying to get into Haiti to help +
- Hospitals and clinics donating medical supplies +
- Donations of cash =
- Help for Haiti
Abraham’s always been a giver. A couple of years ago, I posted blog entries from him as he took his first year out of college and traveled around the world volunteering. He drove computer supplies to Belize, flew to the Bahamas to help fix up people’s houses, worked with homeless outreach in Atlanta. He ended up back in the Bahamas as the director of the program there. He has a knack at seeing needs and figuring out ways to meet them.
Ways to Help
- Recruit donations of medical supplies
- Identify small airplanes which are available to assist
- Donate money to help purchase fuel for the flights
- Spread the word about the needs
One thought on “God’s Love Taking Flight”
YAY! Thanks for the shout out Beth! They can certainly use all the help they can get! xoxoxoxo Prayers for healing and love to everyone in Haiti.