It was a year ago when Jackson (a Scottish Terrier puppy) came to live with us. He’s brought joy to this household and has taught me a few things about life. Today I celebrate Jack and the things he’s taught me.
- Love — I love this dog. And I think he loves me. Love’s such a wonderful mystery — and a gift.
- Patience — You can’t make a puppy do his business. It’s a process of growth and learning — for both puppy and human.
- Fun — You don’t need expensive toys to have fun. Fun can come from a sick, a leaf, or a plastic bottle. (That’s a good lesson for me in this season of wanting new gadgets.)
- Friendship — Jack has a bunch of friends, both human and canine. He has a great sense of hospitality, welcoming visitors with a smile and wagging tail.
- Happiness — Happiness is … having a puppy.