During the past few days, I realized that my normal prayer practices were not working very well. When I went into meditation or silence, my brain filled up with anxiety. I’ve realized that I need a different set of practices in this time of crisis. Here are some practices that seem to be working for me. (And I’d like to know — what practices are working for you these days? -Please let me know!)
- Bring in Spring. Fresh flowers from the yard brought inside.
- Share the light. I keep a candle burning when I’m awake.
- Meditate with others. My Headspace meditation app invites me to meditate with others beginning every 1/2 hour.
- Daily prayer. Upper room colleagues are leading morning prayer each day at 11:00 a.m. (Central Time). We are using Facebook Live. Like our Upper Room Facebook page and tune in to pray with us.
- Pray for others. I’m spending a little bit of time each day praying for others on The Upper Room Prayer Wall.
How to Pray for Others on The Upper Room Prayer Wall.
Blessings and love to each of you.