An ordained clergy person and a member of the Mountain Sky Conference of The United Methodist Church, Beth A. Richardson serves The Upper Room as the Director of Prayer and Worship Life and Dean of The Upper Room Chapel. Richardson received her Master of Divinity degree from Vanderbilt Divinity School in Nashville, Tennessee. A native Oklahoman, Richardson is a photographer, artist, musician, writer, and worship leader. She has the honor of sharing life with her family in Nashville, Tennessee. She is passionate about dogs, particularly Scotties. Her current Scottie, JJ Shannon McGreggor, arrived in Beth’s home in March of 2020. Follow the adventures of JJ and Arya on their blog.
Richardson is the author of five books.
- Walking in the Wilderness: Seeking God during Lent (2020)
- Jack’s Book of Blessings: Celtic Poems by a Scottie Dog (2019)
- Christ Beside Me, Christ Within Me: Celtic Blessings (2016)
- The Uncluttered Heart: Making Room for God during Advent and Christmas (2009)
- Child of the Light: Walking through Advent and Christmas (2006)